Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Study Time!


Midterm time is finally upon us and the S.T.A.R team would like to wish you all the best of luck! If you have already taken some of your midterms let us know how they went! Swapping study techniques and learning different ways to help you understand the curriculum will help you and your future students! What study habits work best for you? How do you prepare for a big exam? 

Upperclassmen: Do you have any words of advice for freshmen who are about to take their upcoming midterms? 

2 comments:

  1. Midterms are definitely a stressful time for students, especially for freshmen that are dealing with this for the first time. Advice I would give would be to definitely not stress out too much. Over the years, I've learned that pulling all-nighters and not taking care of yourself do more harm to your grade than good. Sure, we will all be studying more during midterms and finals, but it is important to remember to take care of yourself as well.

    Something that I've also found really helpful is studying with a friend! It makes it much less boring and I find that I understand things a lot better if I'm explaining it to someone or they are explaining it to me.

    Good luck to everyone on their midterms!!

    -Yuliya Feyder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great advice! It is so important to take care of yourself and get some sleep! I personally don't find all nighters helpful they stress me out even more. Studying with a friend is also a great idea. I find it helpful to talk things out.

      For me, time management is really important. Make a plan and stick to it! Also, I tend to rewrite my notes and make a list of all the important information that I need to know for the exam. This is helpful because you have all the important information in one place and its organized - perfect study guide!

      Hope this helps!! Good luck to everyone on their midterms! Hope everyone does well.

      - Madeline Brewi

      Delete